“Parent Helpers” is a program for parents who wish to learn more about helping their children with literacy and numeracy at home and in the classroom. The aim of the course is to:
- Explore how children develop literacy and numeracy skills
- Develop ways of working together to support learning in the classroom
- Familiarise participants with the School Curriculum
- Give participants strategies to use at home with your child.
At Mount Duneed Regional Primary School our Parent Helpers are valued members of the school community as their:
- support in the classroom will ensure that children remain on task while the teacher is working with other groups
- willingness to assist in classroom activities shows other parents what can be achieved when partnerships are formed.
- Involvement creates opportunities for the development of shared understandings of learning.
With this shared view, the student’s home and school experiences can be brought together to be built upon for further success in learning. This is especially significant in supporting children’s early literacy development.