- All children enrolling at our school deserve a smooth transition that enables them to become part of our school with a minimum of disruption and maximum support.
- To provide an efficient process of enrolment that satisfies the needs of both students and the school.
Download our full policy
The Department of Education and Training have identified designated neighbourhood areas for enrolments across Victoria. With the new suburban developments in Armstrong Creek and the limited classroom buildings, our small school is under pressure to accommodate all families wishing to enrol.
The department has created an enrolment policy and priority order of placement:
‘Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds. (NB This criterion applies to VCE programs in secondary schools, SEAL Programs, and Select Entry Schools only)
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.’
Mt Duneed Regional Primary School has been informed that the school must enrol in the priority placement order of the policy and not exceed capacity.
We are unable to accept enrolments for 2018 from outside our designated neighbourhood area, though we are still accepting siblings from currently enrolled families.
We have included the neighbourhood maps, which show the school’s designated neighbourhood area, along with the new Armstrong Creek School.
We have a vibrant school community and offer an excellent teaching and learning program to our students. I am disappointed that we cannot accept all enrolments, but must follow newly implemented DET guidelines.
Custom Description or 1